Pages

Tuesday

Becoming a Food Snob . . . .



I have never liked snobs. My dad is a truck driver and my mom is a waitress, I am from Mississippi. I have been trying to not be part of the redneck culture for a long time, when my advanced English teacher tried to teach us how to properly pronounce words I hung on everything he said. When my dad would take us out on the bass boat I would draw sketches of the woods and lake instead of fishing. I used to cringe when I would here my own voice on a recording because of my Southern accent. Oh well, I will be 30 in about 2 weeks and I am giving up on all of that, it's like I used to say when people told me I needed a tan, I have come to terms with the fact that I am white. What am I talking about! Well I have decided to become a SNOB! A Food Snob that is. I have five beautiful children now who depend on me to feed them and they are simply not going to eat the way I used to feed my self. I have been developing a self education in nutrition in the past four years since my son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at 21 months old. God has really opened up my eyes to the epidemic of bad food we as Americans eat! So now what? I want to share with you what I have discovered in my effort to feed my family and myself better food so that we as a country can have better health. Oh yeah and as a Stay at Home Mom of five on one income, with medical expenses we are on a "Budget" so I always consider cost! I have been called a food snob and a food Nazi, but I have decided instead to make myself a food super hero and become "The Good Food Mom!" Follow along with me and see what alternatives there are to what we have been guilted, peer pressured, expected, advertised, brainwashed, etc. into feeding our family's! WARNING-some food "manufacturer's" may become angry with me.

Love,
Jamie the Good Food Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment