Pages

Wednesday

What's In The Box Wednesday?




Every Wednesday I go pick up our share from the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farm we participate with.  We get a family meat & produce share, an extra meat share, 2 loaves of Amish Bread, and a bag of handmade Amish pasta which costs us $116.00 per week and of course the amount and variety of things we receive changes throughout the season.  I will show you what kind of things you can purchase from local farmers in most parts of the country by going to http://www.localharvest.org/ and finding your local CSA program, our local program is http://www.avalon-acres.com/ .  If you can't access a CSA you can also find Farmer's Markets locally and even try growing some of your own food!  I think this is what God intended for us to eat, not food that's been fattened up in a lab and shipped in from thousands of miles away.  It's local, it's organic, it's free range and grass fed, it's green, it comes from the USA, I don't care if it costs me a little bit more than non-organic, corn fed, cooped up foreign food at the grocery store because I think the health benefits, earth benefits, community benefits, far out way the cost difference, plus it just plain taste better and my children know that food comes out of the ground instead of cellophane!

Enjoy this weeks picks/pic's I know we will!



No comments:

Post a Comment